Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Feedback to Public Consultation - Environmental Impact Assessment (Amendment) Regulations, 2020

I have submitted the following to the 
Ministry for the Environment, Climate Change and Planning

Deadline - 16 October 2020

Re: Public Consultation - Environmental Impact Assessment (Amendment) Regulations, 2020

With reference to the above, I am hereby proposing that Environmental Impact Assessments comprise Social Impact Assessment (SIA) in accordance with international standards for example those set by the International Association for Impact Assessment, which is accessible from this link:

May I emphasize that a Social Impact Assessment is a comprehensive process, and not just a one-off survey.

In this regard, please refer to my correspondence dated 31 May 2019 to the PA regarding SIAs. To date, I have not been informed of any policy update in this regard.

A copy of my correspondence can be obtained from this link: 

Dr Michael Briguglio
Sociologist