Monday, September 21, 2020

Feedback to Consultation re Partial Review of the Ta’ Qali Action Plan (Phase 3)

I have submitted the following regarding the public consultation in question: 

Attn: Ministry for the Environment, Climate Change and Planning


Re: Consultation re  Partial Review of the Ta’ Qali Action Plan (Phase 3)

With reference to the public consultation in question, I am hereby appealing to the Ministry to employ a Social Impact Assessment (SIA) process, which is in accordance with international standards for example those set by the International Association for Impact Assessment, which is accessible from this link:

In this regard, please refer to my correspondence dated 31 May 2019 to the PA regarding SIAs. To date, I have not been informed of any policy update in this regard.

A copy of my correspondence can be obtained from this link: 

Dr Michael Briguglio
Sociologist