Monday, July 13, 2020

Feedback to Public Consultation: Review of the Rural Policy Design Guidance (Phase 2)

With reference to the public consultation process for the review of the Rural Policy Design Guidance (Phase 2), I have submitted the following to the Government of Malta. 


To: rural.policy@pa.org.mt
(Ministry for the Environment, Climate Change and Planning)
Re: Title: Review of the Rural Policy Design Guidance (Phase 2)


With reference to above, I hereby propose that the policy process employs a Social Impact Assessment (SIA) process, which is in accordance with international standards for example those set by the International Association for Impact Assessment, which is accessible from this link:

In this regard, please refer to my correspondence dated 31 May 2019 to the PA regarding SIAs. To date, I have not been informed of any policy update in this regard.

A copy of my correspondence can be obtained from this link: 

Dr Michael Briguglio
Sociologist