Dad, political sociologist, local councillor, drummer from Malta

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sliema Local Council 2012

I am proud to be representing AD - The Green Party for the 4th time as Sliema Local Council candidate. Sliema residents who would like to meet me are invited to contact me through a message on this facebook page or on 99894634.

If elected in Sliema Local Council I will continue the work I did when I was councillor between 2003 and 2009, where I introduced a culture of consultancy with residents, and where Sliema Local Council started objecting to unsustainable developments. This was successful in the victories against development at Il-Pjazetta, Chalet and Qui-si-sana, to the benefit of residents. I was also instrumental in the introduction of alternative energy and renewable energy measures in the local council, bicycle racks, a cat's cafe', free wi-fi and other initiatives. It was a pleasure working with my colleague councillors.

In short, I will do my utmost to ensure that Sliema Local Council acts in the interests of residents and not in the interests of big developers and careless contractors.

No comments: