Tuesday, August 16, 2016

I support Hillary Clinton's Presidential Campaign



I believe that progressives worldwide have a historic responsibility to support Hillary Clinton's US presidential campaign. The global risk of having Donald Trump as US president is too high. 

I therefore hereby declare my support for Clinton's campaign. 

As a Green Local Councillor in Sliema, Malta, and former leader of Malta's Green Party, I fully endorse the position of Prof Peter Singer, Australian Green and former parliamentary candidate, who states:

"I call on Green party leaders all over the world to ask Stein to take her name off the ballot in states where the contest is likely to be close. If she won’t do it, they should take their appeal to voters, and ask them, in this election only, not to vote Green. The stakes are too high".

Peter Singer's column can be read on Project Syndicate